ABOUT THE PUBLICATION
Inside Iraqi Politics is a political risk newsletter which provides analytical insight into Iraq in English based on Arabic and Kurdish sources. IIP goes beyond pure politics and Baghdad theatrics to the intersection between politics and security, investment and state development. Inside Iraqi Politics is more than sources, it is perspective. Written by a multilingual staff with years of experience following Iraqi affairs, the publication provides nuance and depth you won't find anywhere else.
Issues of Inside Iraqi Politics are typically between 4,000 and 5,000 words (excluding citations). The first and last sections are set and others alternate by issue:
- The National Scene: This two-to-three-page section appears at the beginning of every issue, and provides and overview of the most important events and trends in national politics.
- 'Focus' Articles: Each issue includes five-to-six pages of feature articles, and they come in several varieties - Provincial Focus, Policy Focus, Political Focus, Economic Focus, Legal Focus, Kurdistan Focus and Regional Focus. Each article provides a nuanced look at a timely issue in Iraqi politics and policy.
- Political Economy in Focus: A three-page section of recent economic and business policy stories of note is included with the second issue of each month.
- For the Record: Provides a day-by-day timeline of key actions or events related to each branch of the national government. This section appears in every issue, and is especially valuable to those who need a historical record of key events.
The total analytical content of each issue is thus at least eight pages, including the National Scene, "Focus" articles and the once-per-month "Political Economy" section. Issues sometimes run longer, and the contents page and the "For the Record" section are in addition to these minimum eight pages.
Issues of Inside Iraqi Politics are published twice monthly in roughly two-week intervals, although precise dates of publication vary according to news flow and circumstances. Subscription options are below; contact us to arrange for payment by wire, check, money order or a Paypal invoice.
- Rates are determined based on the number of readers and for-profit/non-profit status of the subscriber. The $80/month or rate through the website is processed by Paypal; billing is month-to-month and you can cancel at any time. Please note that the $80/month rate is only available to "non-premium" subscribers: all except commercial or government entities. The cheaper rate of $800/year is available to non-profit/non-government subscribers willing to pay at least six months at a time.
A higher rate applies for commercial or government entities. Please use the Contact page to get in touch.
Archives - New subscribers or those who are interested only in certain topics may purchase archives by contacting us directly.
If you have any further questions about the publication, or are in need of specialized consulting, please let us know.
Kirk H. Sowell
Uticensis Risk Services